recently i blogged about some inspiration for a handmade valentine gift (see here).
inspired by some felt text art on castle & things which i found on a weekly check of designlovefest blog here's what i made...
what you'll need...
1. assorted felt pieces* in any colour of your choice. i selected 10 different colours
2. piece* of vliesofix (a double sided adhesive paper to stick fabric together) unless you want to sew your letters?
3. piece* of fabric (i used a grey cotton voile)
5. access to wordart on Word (or similar program), paper, printer and computer
* the size of each piece will depend on your quote length and frame size
1. cut the fabric to size based on your frame size
2. select your quote and type it up in block capitals on a word program and print (make sure the font size is selected to fit within the frame you've picked)
3. cut the paper letters out
4. hold or pin (depending on how much you trust yourself) the cut out paper letters to a piece of felt and a piece of vliesofix then cut around them both together so you end up with a paper, felt and vliesofix version of each letter (all the same size hopefully)
5. discard paper letters
6. using your frame or matt board inside your frame place the felt letters on the fabric and play around until they're in the perfect position
7. using the vliesofix iron each felt letter onto the fabric